Heavy Pistols in Mass Effect 2 are designed for use as an invaluable sidearm. Heavy Pistols pack a heavy punch, causing causing considerable damage to Health and Armor. They are excellent for medium-long ranged combat. There are only two variants of Heavy Pistols. All Classes have access to Heavy Pistols.
The following squad mates can use Heavy Pistols:
 Heavy Pistol Variations
- Default Heavy Pistol
- Manufactured by Elanus Risk Control Services
- Damage (Per Second) Health: 58
- Damage (Per Second) Armor: 87
- Damage (Per Second) Barrier: 58
- Damage (Per Second) Shields: 58
- Default Ammo: 12/60
- Six-Shot Heavy Pistol
- Found during Mordin's Recruitment Mission
- Damage (Per Second) Health: 71
- Damage (Per Second) Armor: 106
- Damage (Per Second) Barrier: 71
- Damage (Per Second) Shields: 71
- Default Ammo: 18
 Weapon Upgrades
 AP Heavy Pistol (Sabot Jacketing)
Cost: 15,000 Palladium
In-Game Description: Provides +50% heavy pistol damage against armor. Upgrades heavy pistols and hand cannons for your entire squad. Increasing the tungsten content of slugs and recalibrating the weapon's computer improves penetration of heavily armored targets.
- Changes the letter designation of the weapon from "M" to "S".
 Heavy Pistol Critical (Smart Rounds)
Cost: 25,000 Palladium
In-Game Description: Heavy pistols sometimes deal double damage. Upgrades the heavy pistols and hand cannons of your entire squad. Normandy's scientists have prototyped a modification to the traditional smart-targeting module commonly incorporated into high-end weaponry. While this technology is commonly used to compensate for wind and recoil, it was adapted to slightly deflect rounds to strike a more vital part of an enemy.
- Changes the letter designation of the weapon from "S" to "X".
 Heavy Pistol Damage 1-5 (Titan Pulsar))
Cost: 2,500/5,000/7,500 Palladium
In-Game Description: Provides +10% heavy pistol damage. Upgrades heavy pistols and hand cannons for your entire squad. This upgrade improves a weapon's mass effect field generator, increasing the mass and acceleration of each slug fired.
- Adds a letter designation to the weapon "a-e".